|He owns a Diploma in Mechanical and Aeronautics Engineering and a PhD in Engineering of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, University of Patras. He worked among others, as a mechanical engineer for the Greek cement company TITAN (in 2003) and as a research engineer for the Laboratory of Manufacturing Systems and Automation (LMS) (from 2006 to 2012). He is currently employed as a research project manager in LMS (since 2013). He speaks fluently English and French
His main research interests are focused in the research of advanced tools for the design and control of highly flexible production systems and on engineering research of industrial automation and robotics applications. Among others, he has performed research in the areas of:
- Development of decision making support methods for the automated design of flexible manufacturing systems
- Multi criteria decision making methods for the design and reconfiguration of human based assembly lines
- Methods and techniques for the planning and control of flexible manufacturing systems
- Manufacturing systems flexibility quantification techniques
- Development of cost models for the evaluation of assembly processes
- Effect of manufacturing systems flexibility on their ability to adapt to market demand
- Development and application of heuristic algorithms for the efficient design and reconfiguration of assembly systems
- Development of web based application for the planning of production systems
- Design and development of web based application for the efficient support of human operators by providing multimedia content through mobile and handheld devices
- Application of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology for product tracking and automated operator support in assembly lines
- Design and planning of robotic assembly cells that employ cooperating robots technologies
- Design and validation of robotic cells at kinematic, programming and mechatronics models using Virtual Commissioning techniques
- Development of vision systems for the control of robot based assembly processes – Sensor guided automation
- Application of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) for product identification and automated reconfiguration of robotic assembly cells
- Development of methods for the experiment determination of heavy vehicles rollover stiffness.
During his studies he has received two scholarships (2003 and 2005) by the Greek State Scholarship foundation (ΙΚΥ) for excellent performance and has also been awarded by Technical Chamber of Greece (2006). Since 2006, he is a member of the Technical Chamber of Greece and of the Technical Chamber of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers.
He is a reviewer for International Journals and has been part of the National Organizing Committees (NOC) of the 45th CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems (45th CIRP CMS 2012) and the 7th International Conference on Digital Enterprise Technology (DET 2011).